The core of our Engineering Capability is the expertise and knowledge of our people supported by the suitable facilities and equipment to enable them to do the job.
The Engineering Team comprises:-
- An experienced and knowledgeable team of Development Engineers with a strong background in product/material development within the sealing industry and a long track record of material/product development to meet and exceed customer needs. The team works on new product development projects, process improvement/development and also provide technical support, both to Customers and within the organisation.
- Industrial Chemists with an on-site laboratory for chemical testing, analysis and product/process development activities.
- Design Engineers with product design and prototyping facilities
- Our team has expertise in the manufacturing processes that we use on-site including braiding, machining, auto moulding of polymers, moulding and sintering of polymers, bonding & processing of metal/rubber/polymer composites.
- Our team has extensive product and application knowledge in engineered polymers, wire overbraid, wire braid, packings, jointings, metals, gaskets. As well as rubbers, skidways and slide bearings, die press rings and composite assemblies for specialist applications.
To support these activities we have the following testing capabilities on site:-
- Physical testing of Material properties – Tensile/compression/elongation/yield strength/peel testing in accordance with relevant BS standards.
- A Chemical laboratory
- Pump, valve and fugitive emission testing.
- Wear Testing
- Friction Testing
- Pressure testing up to 2000bar
- Able to test over a wide temperature range (from below zero to 1200 C)
- Cordseal compression/recovery and leakage testing
- Customised testing can also be developed to suit specific non-standard requirements.
Where requirements exceed our on own site physical and chemical analysis capabilities, we developed strong links to specific UKAS approved independent analytical laboratories. They specialise in industrial analysis and problem solving.
For more information, contact us